Wednesday 18 February 2015

Life of a chef.

Being passionate about something is not always easy but that's what elevates it from being merely a hobby.

 Recently I've heard many people that speak of being a chef or studying to be one and that it is really easy 'oh you just bake and wash dishes all day, you just have to learn your recipes.' well it's not. It's more than just being a cook or a baker in the kitchen it's about the safety of where and how your food is cooked and prepared, it's about each little detail they go into by putting that beautiful decor on the plate, baking is an art, but all art requires knowing something about the techniques and the materials. 

We learn how to assist those who have been injured, how to take care of them, How to handle a situation where you are in a fire and have to learn the evacuation process in order to get out of the building and to make sure that everyone is okay and that no one is in danger and on fire and out of the kitchen/restaurant. It's about having fresh ingredients that are stored in the correct temperatures, about having to use the correct color chopping boards for the different kinds of foods In order to ensure that your food is cooked to perfection without any faults and with the best hygiene. 

We learn about food poisoning and every type that you get and how to prevents these types of food poisoning, we have to teach people the correct ways of opening a restaurant  and having the correct equipment, hygiene, how to store things especially products like chemicals correctly, it's not easy but in the end I actually love all of this. It's my passion and my future and I will strive to do the best of my ability to earn the respect that those celebrity chefs have earned. One day I will be famous. I will be well known for what I do and for the effort and hard work I put into my dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment